2012/12/19


História #21
Autor: Hotei (Any more than a whisper)

THE RECIPE OF CHRISTMAS

What a night!, can't wait to get back home and shower off this awful smell of food I have!!...the restaurant was so busy tonight!, its the day before Christmas eve, what do I expect silly me!. Made myself a hot cup of tea right after a steaming shower put on my favourite red woollen socks and grabbed my laptop... I don't want to hear the word food tonight nothing!!!... not even the sight of it I had enough of it!!.
Logged on skype...
(seconds later)
“HELP!.... HELP!! ….Mr Chef I need help!”
“What’s the matter Guga?” I asked promptly!
“Tomorrow is Christmas eve and I am to bring food to the dinner my mother is organising! But I have no idea how to get this right!!”.
“Great” I thought, “more food!”.
“What is you plan to do my dear Guga?”
“Sericaia!!” “Please help me Alex, You know what sericaia is right?”
“SURE!!! I do that’s easy! ” I replied without thinking... (My Brain)-“right! Never heard of it! And I'm suppose to tell him!!! brilliant Idea Alex!... stupid... stupid Alex!!!”
Quickly asked the omnipotent “Google”
And a recipe of this cracked up looking custard appear!
Cam was switched on to find this innocent looking man staring at me from miles away.. half covered in flour in a messy kitchen..how could I say no?.....I just wished to break the glass that was keeping us apart, and kiss those crimson lips of his ...
Like a tiny obedient boy he followed my instruction and tips one after the other, looking and smiling to me... every time we looked in each others eyes...
Combine the sugar flour and salt...”smile...your wonderful smile”... add the milk “love the way you removed a droplet of milk from your hand with your lips I wish I was that drop of milk...”...Add the cinnamon stick and lemon zest “how much I wish I could be there now...what would I give!”...Mix in egg yolks...whip the whites !! “God I wish this never ends!” Place in baking tray, and sprinkle some more cinnamon “Your eyes I just can't get enough of them” Bake!!...
The result was a complete catastrophe!!! but taste came out good at least!!his mum congratulated him.”
Merry Christmas

(Versão traduzida, fornecida pelo autor)

Que noite!
Preparei um chá bem quente. Após um duche revigorante, calcei as minhas meias favoritas e fui para o computador... 
"Socorro...Socorro...!"
"Que se passa, Guga?" – perguntei.
“Amanhã é noite de Natal e eu não faço a mínima de como fazer isto!” – respondeste, quase desesperado.
Boa! Mais comida! – pensei eu.
"Que planeias fazer, meu querido Guga? "
"Sericaia! Ajuda-me, Alex! "
"Sabes o que é sericaia, certo? "
"Claro que sim! É fácil!" – respondi eu, sem pensar.
Não fazia ideia do que era sericaia... enfim...
A webcam estava ligada, por isso eu podia ver o olhar inocente deste homem que me olhava a quilómetros de distância.. Meio coberto de farinha numa cozinha em pantanas.
Como é que eu poderia dizer não?
Só queria partir o vidro que nos mantinha separados e beijar os lábios vermelhos do seu...
Como um menino pequeno e obediente, ele seguiu as minhas instruções e dicas, uma após outra, olhando e sorrindo para mim...
“Mistura a farinha, o açúcar e o sal.”
Sorriste.
O teu maravilhoso sorriso.
“Adiciona o leite.”
Adoro a forma como chupaste a gota de leite da tua mão!
Eu queria ser aquela gota de leite...
"Adiciona o pau de canela e as raspas de limão."
Como queria estar aí agora!
Eu dava-te tudo!
"Mistura as gemas, mexe as claras.”
Meu Deus, como queria que isso nunca acabasse!
“Coloca no forno e polvilha um pouco mais de canela.”
Os teus olhos, eu não consigo cansar-me deles!
“Leva ao forno!”
O resultado final foi um desastre! Mas o sabor saiu bem!
A mãe dele felicitou-o!

23 comentários:

  1. Respostas
    1. Ok want to be honest here never tasted the famous "Sericaia" That will have to happen while on my trip to Portugal. That and the famous pastry & custard from Belem!! :)

      Eliminar
  2. só posso congratular o hotei por ter traduzido/adaptado tão bem a história, inclusivé a palavra 'pantanas'.
    :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Well dear Margarida or "Daisy" as we would call you over here. The acknowledgement for the translation must go my dear friend Kuma!. I'm afraid my Portuguese sucks pretty bad especially when it comes to the accent xD so far I can read and get something out of a sentence...but that's it! :P

      Eliminar
  3. Um conto que é uma verdadeira iguaria :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Que interessante...
    Uma participação internacional!
    Achei boa a ideia da tradução, para quem não seja tão fluente em inglês. E confesso que fiquei aparvalhado quando cheguei à parte da sericaia... Não a julgava tão internacional.
    Apesar de não ser do alentejo, a sericaia é o doce que mais cedo aprendi a fazer. Adoro.
    A história parece revelar um pouco da realidade pessoal do autor. Seja da realidade, ou do interior imaginário, a riqueza bruta deste concurso reside na diversidade dos participantes.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. well I thought I give it a toss! :) The translation is thanks to Kuma so credit must go to him! my Portuguese sounds pretty funny :P

      I must confess that I never tasted or made the famous Sericaia But had to help out a friend in need on Christmas eve!

      and yes the story is a true story...all the details are except for names !

      Eliminar
  5. Way to go dear! ^w^
    Your story is amazing! :)

    Bear hughie :3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thanks a lot for your help dear :) and your support !

      Eliminar
  6. Hummm... uma associação perfeita! Os aromas e os sabores do Natal são verdadeiramente únicos!
    Hummm... a perfect match! The flavors and scents of Christmas are truly unique!
    PS: is there a better translation form "Hummm"? ;D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thanks I thought the story was ideal! and besides it happened on Christmas eve :)

      Eliminar
  7. Uma participação muito especial.
    E que magnífica tradução...

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Concordo com o João. É uma participação muito especial. Estamos gratos ao Kuma por te ter trazido até nós e por ter feito esta tradução fantástica.

    E imagina só que hoje tiv um jantar de Natal e que a sobremesa era... sericaia ;)

    Abraço

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Não tens de quê! :D

      É com todo o gosto, eu acho que o Hotei escreve muito bem e recomendo o blogue dele! ^w^

      Já na 2ª Edição do PIXEL, quando mostrei o poema que levei a concurso, o Hotei ficou todo entusiasmado e só por falta de tempo é que ele não participou. :)

      Abraço :3

      Eliminar
    2. Ainda bem que o trouxeste até nós. O Pixel também serve para alargarmos o círculo de blogues que seguimos e nos seguem. E têm sido muitas as boas descobertas :) Este Pixel está cheia delas. É muito bom passar por alguns blogues que descobri agora ou que já seguia a ver que há por lá novos comentadores.
      abc

      Eliminar
  9. Thanks a lot to you too Sad eyes for including me in this wonderful and interesting blog :)

    Cool!! Sericaia! be sure not to follow my recipe as it ended up in disaster :P lololol

    Guga's mum said it was very good but as my grandmother would say (and as Francisco grandmother would say too :P) mothers thinks whatever there children make is the best! :)

    Thank again ^^

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Eu é que agradeço a tua participação.
      E é bom saber que a avó do Francisco é conhecida além fronteiras lol
      Abc

      Eliminar